Children’s Day was the perfect opportunity for the children of Brisbane and their families to experience Polish culture and traditions.
Held in the State Library of Queensland precinct, approximately 100 young performers of Polish heritage from around Australia and New Zealand featured in a free variety concert throughout the day.
- The Official PolArt 2018 Opening Ceremony
- Children’s Polish Folkloric Dance Group Performances
- Children’s Polish Vocal Group Performances
- Live music
- Polish Story telling
- Traditional Polish dance workshops
- Interpretative movement workshops
- Polish children’s films, played in a small cinema at the venue
- Craft activity stations, split into age appropriate clusters
- Food stalls, featuring International cuisine
- Children’s movement workshop sessions
- Coffee / drinks cart
- Folkloric gift stall
- PolArt 2018 merchandise stall
A unique collection of Polish films, including some classics, as part of the Polish Film Festival were screened in the Elizabeth Street Theatre.
In addition, a selection of documentary films made by Polish Australians Sabrina Barlett & Andrzej Siedelcki were screened at the Polish Club, Milton.
A literary lunch was held at the Polish Club, Milton, with seven authors discussing their latest works and love of the written word.
Maria Agoston; Ela Chylewska; Jacek Drecki; Bogumił Drozdowski; Jan Maszczyszyn; Agnieszka Niemira; Krystyna Parzybok